theSiyaSoMarket.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. The following policy acts as a guide enabling you to understand how your personal information will be treated when you make use of the site. This policy may change from time to time.
We values the privacy of information pertaining to its associates. We do not use or disclose information about your individual visits to our website or information that you may give us, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number, to any outside sources.
We will not use information about you without your permission and will provide the means for you to manage and control the information that you have provided.
We will enable you to communicate your privacy concerns to us and that we will respond to them appropriately.
We do not disclose any personal information to advertisers and for other marketing and promotional purposes that could be used to personally identify you, such as your password.
Information posted on SiyaSo Market is obviously publicly available. Our servers are located in the UK, United States and China. The laws on holding personal data in the United States may be less stringent than the laws applicable to the Zimbabwe but SiyaSo Market will hold and transmit your information in a safe, confidential and secure environment. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers in the UK, United States and China. We collect and store the following personal information:
• email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information;
• computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from SiyaSo Market and ad data (all through cookies – you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site);
• other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
We use users’ personal information to:
• provide our services;
• resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
• encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
• customise users’ experience, measure interest in our services, and inform users about services and updates;
• communicate marketing and promotional offers to you;
• do other things for users as described when we collect the information.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates others’ rights, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety (for example, if you submit false contact details or impersonate another person, we may pass your personal information to any aggrieved third party, their agent or to any law enforcement agency). We may also share personal information with:
• Members of the eBay Inc. corporate family – like eBay or PayPal – to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services
• Service providers who help with our business operations.
Cookies are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer. SiyaSo Market uses both persistent/permanent and session cookies to provide services to you and help ensure account security. Most cookies are ‘session cookies’, meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive once you end your session (log out or close your browser).
• Enable you to enter your password less frequently during a session.
• Provide information that is targeted to your interests.
• Promote and enforce trust and safety.
• Measure promotional effectiveness.
• Analyse our site traffic.
Cookies we use for trust and safety
Your choices about cookies
We offer certain features that are only available through the use of a cookie. You’re always free to decline cookies if your browser permits. However, if you decline cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on the website, and you may be required to re-enter your password more frequently during a session.
A web beacon is an electronic image, called a single-pixel (1×1) or clear GIF placed in the web page code. Web beacons serve many of the same purposes as cookies. In addition, web beacons are used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximise web traffic flow.
We may work with other companies who place cookies or web beacons on our websites. These service providers help operate our websites, by for example compiling anonymous site metrics and analytics. We require these companies to use the information they collect only to provide us with these services under contract, and not for their own purposes.
We don’t permit third-party content on SiyaSo Market (such as item listings) to include cookies or web beacons. If you believe a listing might be collecting personal information or using cookies, please report it to safety@theSiyaSoMarket.com.
Using Information from SiyaSo Market
You may use personal information gathered from SiyaSo Market only to follow up with another user about a specific posting, not to send spam or collect personal information from someone who hasn’t agreed to that.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can simply email us at any time.
We use many tools to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing’s perfect, so we make no guarantees.
We may update this policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next post or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. If we or our corporate affiliates are involved in a merger or acquisition, we may share personal information with another company, and this other company shall be entitled to share your personal information with other companies but at all times otherwise respecting your personal information in accordance with this policy.